GROUP FITNESS IS EVOLVING
You may have heard there are some changes coming to our group fitness program.
Essentially we are changing the way members can purchase class passes and enabling the ability for people to book a class to ensure our busier classes are not oversubscribed. We want to ensure people are not disappointed and that everyone has a more comfortable experience.
Why are we making this change?
The RSL Club is migrating to a new core membership system in November, as the current system has reached the end of its useful life. This change will provide the Club with many benefits however it unfortunately does not support our current method of group fitness purchases.
So during October we will be migrating to a new system called Mindbody, which allows members not only purchase group fitness passes but also allows you to pre-book your place in any of our classes.
What is Mindbody?
Mindbody is a system where you can:
- Purchase individual or packaged classes passes.
- Book your place in a class up to 14 days in advance.
- Join a wait list and be advised of an opening via sms.
- Cancel your booking up to an hour before the class without penalty if you cannot make it.
Mindbody can be downloaded and used as a Free App on a smart phone or accessed via online on a computer. You create your Mindbody account and pay using your credit card or visa debit card.
I don’t have a credit card or won’t be able to access the Mindbody Application?
We will be maintaining a system whereby you can pay for 10 pack group fitness passes at reception. This service will have certain limitations:
- You will need to allow two business days (Mon- Fri) for us to be able to add classes to the system before they become active.
- You will not be able to pre-book your spot on the class.
Booked members will obviously take precedence and you may unfortunately be disappointed on the day if the class is already full.
We will be maintaining this system until it is reviewed early next year.
When is this happening?
We need to make this transition by October 31st, before the RSL Club migrates to the new membership platform.
- 10th October – Mindbody launch starts.
You will be able purchase and book for all our group fitness classes.
(When you arrive to the class, you will check into the class using the new Mindbody iPad mounted outside the room)
You will still be able to purchase and use the current group fitness system.
(you will still be able to check in using the existing swipe terminal in the room)
Adopt Mindbody before 21st October and you will get
10 FREE group fitness classes!
- 21st October – The early adopter Mindbody offer will end.
Group fitness prices change to $65.00 for a 10 class pack.
An increase of just $0.50 a class.
This change will be reflected in both Mindbody and the price at Reception.
(HIIT Class prices have recently been changed)
- 31st October – The swipe terminal in the Group Fitness Studio will cease working and all
Classes will be checked in using the Mindbody iPad.
What will happen to my group fitness points on my membership card after October 31st?
- Upon application at reception your current passes will be transferred to your Mindbody account for the same number of sessions.
- One Group Fitness Class (15 points) will equal One Mindbody Class Pass which you will be able to use at any class including HIIT.
- You will have up until the 30th June 2020 to apply to move your group fitness points to Mindbody after which point they will expire.
How do I create my Mindbody account?
You can sign up on line at https://mindbody.io/ or download the FREE App from your App Store.
Creating an account is easy. You are prompted for your name, email address and are asked to create a password.
OVER THE COMING WEEKS THERE WILL BE SOMEONE AVAILABLE TO HELP YOU
DOWNLOAD THE APP AND CREATE YOUR ACCOUNT.
What if you are not able to create a Mindbody account.
If you are one of our members who will still need to use the facility at reception to purchase your group fitness classes we will be able to create your account for you at Reception.
Please approach reception before the 31st October so we can transfer your remaining group fitness points to your new account so you will be able to use the new check in system.
The process will only take a couple of minutes but please be mindful our reception staff can be particularly busy directly before and after our classes.
How do I get my Free 10 Class Pass?
Complete the following steps before October 21st:
- Download the Mindbody App
- Create an account (the App takes you through a simple sign up process)
- Search for our new brand name HP FITNESS and make us a favourite.
- Book your first class using HP Fitness Intro Offer (this will be a one off $0 payment option)
We understand that for some of our loyal Group Fitness members this is a significant change and we will be here to help you.
Please speak to your instructors or Reception Staff for more information. If they don’t immediately know that answer they will find it out and we will get back to you.
Please keep an eye on this web page where we will be posting more information and guides to using the App.
We do appreciate that this is a significant change and acknowledge that there has been an absence of information to date, while we built the infrastructure and system to accommodate this change.
We thank you for your patience throughout this process and look forward to unlocking the opportunities this new platform will provide us in enhancing our offering in the future.